logo.png
Home > Others > Project Dream

Project Dream


BackgroundProject Dream Updates Hotline

In 1957, CHIJ Our Lady of the Nativity (CHIJ OLN) was established to serve the educational needs of girls residing in the Ponggol area.

Today, CHIJ OLN continues to provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment where pupils are developed to their fullest potential with a passion for life-long learning and a readiness to serve others. More than 80% of our students are from heartland families, residing in the HDB estates of Hougang, Sengkang and Punggol.

In 2016, our school embarked on a significant milestone – Project Dream

Project Dream is about providing a more holistic education for our students through the upgrading of the current physical facilities in the school. This is in line with the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) PERI (Primary Education Review and Implementation) initiative to provide a more holistic education for our students.

When the upgrading is completed in early 2020, the school will have 2 additional 5-storey buildings to house the Indoor Sports Hall and other new facilities. This project will not only enhance the teaching and learning experience especially during Physical Education (PE) and Co-Curricular Activities (CCA), but also provide a more conducive learning environment for the students. 

The school looks forward to its new facilities especially the Indoor Sports Hall as it will provide us with greater flexibility to schedule Physical Education (PE) lessons even during inclement weather. Our students will have more opportunities to participate in sports and games, which are integral to their holistic, well-rounded education.

While the government will pay 95% of the upgrading costs, our school, being an Aided Primary School, would have to raise the remaining 5% ($700K) of this amount to co-pay for this upgrading project. This amount of $700,000 is a large sum, given the humble backgrounds of our students.

Hence, your generous contributions and financial support to our fund-raising efforts will allow us to reach our target of $700,000 and help lay the educational foundation of future graduates of CHIJ OLN.  Should the school through the generous support of individuals and organisations exceed the target, the additional sum will be transferred to the school's School Management Committee fund (in accordance to MOE's guidelines). 

All donations would be eligible for 2.5 times tax deduction.

Thank you for your generous and giving heart.

1) Please make cheques payable to :   ‘CHIJ Our Lady of the Nativity PERI Project

2) Please include your full name, mailing address and contact number at the back of the cheque, in order for us to send you an acknowledgement of receipt.

3) Place the completed cheque in an envelope and mail it to:

CHIJ Our Lady of the Nativity
1257 Upper Serangoon Road
Singapore 534793

or

Submit your cheque by hand to the school’s General Office