Home > School Information > General Information > Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations
In our CHIJ Schools, we uphold the basic principle of respecting the dignity of each person we interact with. Everyone in our school community has the responsibility for, and a role to play in building a safe learning environment where we treat each other with respect and understanding. As such our school will not tolerate any unlawful or disruptive behaviour, including any form of bullying, cyber-bullying, intimidation or retaliation.
We expect all students to
- Be courteous, considerate and honest at all times.
- Treat others and all property with consideration and respect.
- Complete and hand in any homework given punctually.
- Move quietly and in an orderly manner from one place to another.
- Queue when awaiting their turn.
- Keep the school clean at all times.
- Be loyal to the school.
- Live up to the school motto, 'Simple in Virtue, Steadfast in Duty'.
Assembly and Flag-raising Ceremony
- Be on time for Assembly at 7.30 a.m. from Monday to Friday. Students who are not with their class for Assembly at 7.30 a.m. will be considered late.
- Students who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Students will take the Pledge with their right fist placed over their heart.
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- Students must be neat and properly attired in their school uniform at all times, inside and outside school.
- Students are allowed to wear the school's PE T-shirt the whole day (under their pinafore) on days they have PE lessons.
- Students must have their iron-on name tags on their school uniform and PE attire. As the iron-on name tags were recently adopted in 2019, P3 and P6 students may continue using pinned name tags on their school uniform.
- Students are not allowed to wear any jewellery or accessories or bring any valuables to school.
- There should not be any display of religious accessories.
- Only plain black hair accessories are allowed.
- Students are not allowed to colour their hair.
- Students are to wear only white school socks and shoes.
|School Uniform||School PE Attire|
- Students must be punctual for school and lessons.
- Attendance is compulsory on all school days, functions and activities. Students who are absent must inform the school and present medical certificates or letters from parents/guardians when they next return to school.
- The school will accept a maximum of 3 letters from parents/guardians each term for their child's/ward's absence from school. A medical certificate should be given otherwise.
- Parents/Guardians must sign the "Permission to Leave School" form in the General Office to take their child/ward home before the official dismissal time.
Guidelines for Late-comers
|No. of Times Student is Late||Action(s) to be Taken|
|1 - 3||
Form Teacher counsels student.
Student to complete reflection form if she is late for the third time.
|4 - 6||Form Teacher calls/meets parents/guardians.|
|more than 6 times||Year Head and Subject Head Discipline/Discipline Mistress to call/meet parents/guardians.|
A warning letter will be issued to a student who is late 3 times or more in a semester.
Late coming data will be reflected in the report book if a child is late 12 times or more in a semester.
Students who are frequently late (20% of the number of days in a semester) will receive a "Fair" conduct grade.
Possession of Weapons
- All students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
School Assessment Rules
- Be punctual.
- Do not bring bags, books, papers, notes, mobile phones or other unauthorised personal belongings (such as smart watches, fitness trackers and items with image capturing abilities) into the examination hall/room. Place them outside the examination room/hall or a place identified by the examiner or invigilator. If you are found to be in possession of any unauthorised materials, you will be liable to the same penalty as those who are caught cheating during the assessment.
- Bring only the stationery required for the assessment. Sharing of stationery during the assessment period is not allowed.
- Remain silent once you enter the examination room/hall.
- Obey all instructions given by the invigilator/examiner.
- Inform the invigilator immediately by raising your hand should you find that:
- A wrong question paper has been given to you.
- There is/are missing page(s) or question(s).
- The print is unclear.