Co-Curricular Activity (CCA)
The Heart of the Framework is a Student-centric, Values- driven CCA programme. Our CCA programme is designed to cater to the interests and abilities of our pupils, guided by our school values- Graciousness, Responsibility, Appreciation, Compassion, Integrity and Adaptability (GRACIA)
The Circle represents a well - rounded and holistic development of our pupils through the 5 domains - Physical, Aesthetic, Socio-Moral, Leadership and Cognitive.
Through sustained and active participation in CCAs, our pupils are able to acquire and demonstrate 21st Century Competencies which will enable them to capitalise on the rich opportunities of the new digital age, while keeping a strong Singapore heartbeat.
- 5 Aspects: Self- Awareness, Self- Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Management, Responsible Decision Making
- Seizing teachable moments
- Providing platforms for collaborations between pupils
- Deliberate and intentional through the Student Development Plan (SDP)
- Emphasizing on Olympic values of Respect, Friendship and Excellence
Physical and Aesthetic Excellence
- We offer various Physical Sports CCAs, Clubs and Societies, Visual and Performing Arts as well as Uniformed Group
- Include Talent Identification and Development Programme
- Participation in competitions at Inter-school level eg. SYF, SPSSC Inter-primary school competitions, Uniformed Group competitions
- CCA Leaders are selected by the CCA Teachers-in-charge
- These leaders undergo Leadership Training sessions to equip them with basic Leadership Knowledge and Skills so that they are able to lead and contribute better
- Various platforms for our CCA Leaders to apply their leadership skills eg CCA Fiesta, during competitions, during training / CCA sessions, presentations, exhibitions etc
- Reflections and debrief by Teachers/Coaches/Instructors are done at the end of each session through the CCA reflective journals
- Acquiring technical and tactical knowledge and skills through the activities conducted
- Development of oratorical (Presentation) and critical thinking skills
- The CCA Programme provides pupils with a platform to discover their interests and talents. Well-organised and implemented, they can fuel in the individual a life-long love for a particular activity, be it a sport or a musical pursuit. This helps the individual to lead a balanced life in adulthood.
- Pupils progressively develop CCA-specific knowledge, skills, values and attitudes through sustained participation in any of the CCA groups.
- CCA also offer excellent platforms for pupils to learn core values, social and emotional competencies and the emerging 21st Century Competencies.
- All CCA emphasise social interaction by providing a common space for friendships and social integration amongst students of diverse backgrounds. Through CCA, pupils develop a sense of identity and belonging to the school.
- knowledge and skills related to their chosen CCA
- our school values (GRACIA), social and emotional competencies and the emerging 21st Century Competencies
- leadership skills and teamwork
Our CCA PolicyGeneral:
- All Primary 3 to 6 pupils are strongly encouraged to participate in at least one CCA.
- Enrichment lessons and external courses will NOT be considered as CCA.
- All CCAs will commence in Term 1 Week 3.
- All Primary Two pupils will participate in the CCA registration exercise (CCA Fiesta) which will be held at end of October.
- Pupils are allowed up to 3 choices in their CCA Registration form.
- Pupils will have to return the completed CCA Registration Form to her Form Teacher one week after the CCA Fiesta.
- Pupils who have been successful in enrolling in a CCA will be notified via their Form Teachers on the 1st Week of Term 1, the following year.
- Pupils who are without CCA in the other levels are welcome to attend the CCA Fiesta to sign up for a CCA.
- Pupils are not allowed to switch CCA without the approval of their CCA teacher-in-charge. Only medical cases will be considered and requests must be substantiated with a doctor’s letter. Change to another CCA is subjected to availability of places.
- Attendance is compulsory for all CCA sessions. An explanation in written form from parents, or a doctor’s medical certificate is required to be submitted to the teacher-in-charge whenever a pupil fails to attend a session.
- A pupil’s CCA involvement will only be recognized and reflected in her report book if she stays in the same CCA with at least 80% attendance for the entire CCA calendar year.
- P6 pupils will participate in CCAs only in Semester 1.
- Pupils are selected to represent the school in competitions based on the criteria set by the respective CCA Teachers-in-charge and the coaches/instructors.
- The school is unable to send representatives in competitions other than the ones offered through the school's CCAs due to our limited resources.
- Our school has identified Netball as our niche CCA.
- There will be a Talent Identification Programme (TIP) in place for all Primary Two pupils to identify and select potential members to join the club prior to the CCA Registration Exercise (CCA Fiesta).
CCA Schedule 2019
|Bowling||Punggol Safra||Mdm Audrey Tan
Ms Edna Poh
Ms Elieen Wong
|Dance INC. - Chinese Dance||Library Performing Art Studio||Mdm Li Ning
Mdm Jin Xiumei
|Dance INC. - Malay Dance||Dance Room||Mdm Norfadilah
Mrs Sharon Lai
|Dance INC - International 1||Music Room 1||Ms Aileen Yap
Ms Oh Soo Hwee
|Dance INC - International 2||Music Room 2||
Mrs Duchess Kiran
|Art Club (P3)||Art Room 2||
Ms Marilyn Chan
|Art Club (P4 - P6)|| Ceramic Studio / Com Lab 3|
/ Art Room 1
Ms Wendy Wong
|Brass Band||Band Room||Mrs Gan Pei Ying|
| Netball P5 School Team|
Netball P6 School Team
|External ISH||Mr Zanizam|
Mr Edwin Njoo
|Floorball||Hall||Mr Noel Chan
Mrs Stephanie Ho
Mdm LAi Mei Yu
|Tamil Society (Cultural Club)||Tamil Room 1||Mrs Sangeetha Jabar |
Ms Mary Archana
|Science Lab/Com Lab 3/Supp Rm Lvl 6||Mdm Elaine Siaw
Mrs Elaine Liew
Ms Amanda Wong
Mrs Joanne Lee
Mrs Leong Chee Hoon
Mdm Peh Bee Leng
Ms Charissa Chern
|Choir||Music Room 2||Mrs Emily Chew
Mrs Cindy Oh
|Brownies||P1 Classrooms / Garden Courtyard||Ms Mun Li Ting
Ms Dione Chen
Mrs Lim Bao Hong
Ms Ng Hui Qi
|MBP Club||Computer Lab 2
Mdm Fiona Loh
|Netball P4 Team||Hall||Mdm Fiona Foo
Mrs Laura Stephen
|Netball P5 Sch Team||Indoor Sports Hall (Ext)||
Ms Janice Ou
Ms Clara Lau
|Netball P6 Sch Team||Indoor Sports Hall (Ext)||
Ms Law Ee Peng
Ms Chong Lai Kwan
Mdm Han Qing
Mrs Lee Hwee Khoon
Mrs Clara Ong
Mr Noel Chan
Mdm Nur Aishah
|Brass Band||Band Room/ Music Room 1 & 2||Mrs Gan Pei Ying
Mrs Emily Chew
Ms Edna Poh
|Table Tennis||Gym||Mrs Lee Hwee Khoon
Mdm Stephanie Wu
Mdm Hang Yun
|Art Club||Ceramics Studio/ |
Com Lab 3/ Art Rm 1
|Mdm Ilyana |
Ms Merilyn Chan
|Netball P4 Team||Hall||Mr Zanizam
Mdm Fiona Foo
Mr Edwin Njoo
|Netball P5 Sch Team||Indoor Sports Hall (Ext)
||Ms Serene Ler
Mdm Lai Mei Yu
|Netball P6 Sch Team||Indoor Sports Hall (Ext)
||Mr Ng Yee Hong||-|
|Netball P3 Team||Hall||Mrs Koh Li Li|