Home > Learn @ IJ OLN > Co-Curricular Activities
While CCA is not compulsory at the primary school, we believe in developing further talents of our girls in sports and the aesthetics as well as in community service. The CCAs our girls might want to participate in can be found below:
| Uniformed Groups:|
|Visual & Performing Arts|
Dance Inc - Chinese Dance
Dance Inc - Malay Dance
Dance Inc - International 1
Dance Inc - International 2
The Heart of the Framework is a Student-centric, Values-driven CCA programme. Our CCA programme is designed to cater to the interests and abilities of our pupils, guided by our school values-
Graciousness, Responsibility, Appreciation, Compassion, Integrity and Adaptability (GRACIA)
The Circle represents a well - rounded and holistic development of our pupils through the 5 domains - Physical, Aesthetic, Socio-Moral, Leadership and Cognitive.
Through sustained and active participation in CCAs, our pupils are able to acquire and demonstrate 21st Century Competencies which will enable them to capitalise on the rich opportunities of the new digital age, while keeping a strong Singapore heartbeat.
- The CCA Programme provides pupils with a platform to discover their interests and talents. Well-organised and implemented, they can fuel in the individual a life-long love for a particular activity, be it a sport or a musical pursuit. This helps the individual to lead a balanced life in adulthood.
- Pupils progressively develop CCA-specific knowledge, skills, values and attitudes through sustained participation in any of the CCA groups.
- CCA also offer excellent platforms for pupils to learn core values, social and emotional competencies and the emerging 21st Century Competencies.
- All CCA emphasise social interaction by providing a common space for friendships and social integration amongst students of diverse backgrounds. Through CCA, pupils develop a sense of identity and belonging to the school.
Through sustained and active participation in CCA, we hope that pupils will develop and demonstrate:
- knowledge and skills related to their chosen CCA
- our school values (GRACIA), social and emotional competencies and the emerging 21st Century Competencies
- leadership skills and teamwork
- 5 Aspects: Self- Awareness, Self- Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Management, Responsible Decision Making
- Seizing teachable moments
- Providing platforms for collaborations between pupils
- Deliberate and intentional through the Student Development Plan (SDP)
- Emphasizing on Olympic values of Respect, Friendship and Excellence
Physical and Aesthetic Excellence
- We offer various Physical Sports CCAs, Clubs and Societies, Visual and Performing Arts as well as Uniformed Group
- Include Talent Identification and Development Programme
- Participation in competitions at Inter-school level eg. SYF, SPSSC Inter-primary school competitions, Uniformed Group competitions
- CCA Leaders are selected by the CCA Teachers-in-charge
- These leaders undergo Leadership Training sessions to equip them with basic Leadership Knowledge and Skills so that they are able to lead and contribute better
- Various platforms for our CCA Leaders to apply their leadership skills eg CCA Fiesta, during competitions, during training / CCA sessions, presentations, exhibitions etc
- Reflections and debrief by Teachers/Coaches/Instructors are done at the end of each session through the CCA reflective journals
- Acquiring technical and tactical knowledge and skills through the activities conducted
- Development of oratorical (Presentation) and critical thinking skills