Code of Conduct for Parents
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS, VOLUNTEERS & VISITORS
Aim of the Policy
This policy aims to provide clear guidelines to all parents, volunteers and visitors regarding the conduct expected of them whilst on the premises of CHIJ Our Lady of the Nativity (CHIJ OLN), engaging in CHIJ OLN related activities or representing CHIJ OLN. Parents, volunteers and visitors are expected to uphold OLN’s values at all times.
CHIJ OLN believes in being a welcoming learning environment, affirming the worth and dignity of each person in an atmosphere of mutual respect. At CHIJ OLN, all forms of disrespectful behaviour are unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
Who is a Parent, Volunteer or Visitor?
For the purposes of this policy, a ‘Parent’, ‘Volunteer’ or ‘Visitor’ of CHIJ OLN includes anyone visiting CHIJ OLN who is not a current student or employee.
Conduct and Expectations of All Parents, Volunteers and Visitors
It is expected that every parent, volunteer and visitor will model good values. This includes but is not limited to:
1. Treating OLN staff, students and the school grounds respectfully, e.g. being polite, not taking photographs/videos of the students and not littering.
2. Making appointments at a mutually convenient time and communicating your concerns in a constructive manner
3. Behaving in a manner that does not endanger the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves or others
4. Ensuring that their actions, activities, conduct or communication (including activities on social media) do not bring CHIJ OLN into disrepute or undermine the reputation of the school, staff or students, e.g. appropriate dressing when conducting PV duties.
Unacceptable conduct includes, but is not limited to:
1. Touching, handling, pushing or otherwise physically or sexually engaging with
students or others in a manner which is not appropriate and may endanger the
health, safety and wellbeing of that person.
2. Any form of physical or verbal violence including fighting, assault or threats of violence.
3. Any form of cyber bullying or cyber abuse.
4. The use of inappropriate, threatening, profane words or gestures and images.
5. Any language or conduct which is likely to offend, harass, bully or unfairly discriminate against any student, staff, contractor, volunteer or others.
6. Theft, fraud or misuse of CHIJ OLN’s resources.
7. Smoking on CHIJ OLN’s premises or within 5 metres of the school’s premises.