- Our Catholic Identity
- Learn @ IJ OLN
Our Curriculum Curricular Programmes Co-Curricular Programmes OLN 360 Programme Support Lessons Co-Curricular Activities
- School Information
Principal's Message Vision.Mission.Core Values School Crest School Song General Information School Organisation Chart Privacy Statement IJ Board of Members
- Information For Parents
School Calendar Communications Code of Conduct for Parents Messaging System P1 Registration Exercise P1 eOrientation Parent Support Group Subject-Based Banding Updates on COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions PSLE AL Banding 2021
- Student Well-Being
Signature Programmes Cyber Wellness Schoolbag Sexuality Education School Holiday Activities
- Success Stories
Students Staff Organisational
- Contact Us
Email Contacts Notification of Absence Virtual Map of OLN
Home > Information For Parents > Code of Conduct for Parents
Code of Conduct for Parents
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS, VOLUNTEERS & VISITORS
Aim of the Policy
This policy aims to provide clear guidelines to all parents, volunteers and visitors regarding the conduct expected of them whilst on the premises of CHIJ Our Lady of the Nativity (CHIJ OLN), engaging in CHIJ OLN related activities or representing CHIJ OLN. Parents, volunteers and visitors are expected to uphold OLN’s values at all times.
CHIJ OLN believes in being a welcoming learning environment, affirming the worth and dignity of each person in an atmosphere of mutual respect. At CHIJ OLN, all forms of disrespectful behaviour are unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
Who is a Parent, Volunteer or Visitor?
For the purposes of this policy, a ‘Parent’, ‘Volunteer’ or ‘Visitor’ of CHIJ OLN includes anyone visiting CHIJ OLN who is not a current student or employee.
Conduct and Expectations of All Parents, Volunteers and Visitors
It is expected that every parent, volunteer and visitor will model good values. This includes but is not limited to:
- Treating OLN staff, students and the school grounds respectfully, e.g. being polite, not taking photographs/videos of the students and not littering.
- Making appointments at a mutually convenient time and communicating your concerns in a constructive manner
- Behaving in a manner that does not endanger the health, safety and well-being of themselves or others
- Ensuring that their actions, activities, conduct or communication (including activities on social media) do not bring CHIJ OLN into disrepute or undermine the reputation of the school, staff or students, e.g. appropriate dressing when conducting PV duties.
Unacceptable conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Any form of physical, verbal or cyber aggression which may endanger the health, safety and well-being of that person. This includes the use of inappropriate, threatening, profane words, gestures or images.
- Any language or conduct which is likely to offend, harass, bully or unfairly discriminate against any student, staff, contractor, volunteer or others.
- Taking of photographs of the students or school premises without the permission of the school.
- Misuse of CHIJ OLN’s resources e.g. littering.
- Smoking on CHIJ OLN’s premises or within 5 metres of the school’s premises.
Back to Top