Character & Citizenship Education (CCE)
OLN’s Character and Citizenship Education (CCE) department puts in place structures, processes and programmes to inculcate values and build competencies in our students so that they become persons of good character and useful citizens of Singapore. Working hand-in-hand with the other departments of the school, the CCE department aims to develop Girls of Today for Tomorrow.
The CCE department operates through four main wing
- Pastoral Care looks into the emotional well-being and development of the students through fostering a strong teacher-student relationship via avenues such as the Form Teacher’s Guidance programme, Religious and Sexuality Education, counselling and learning needs support.
- Student Leadership Development looks into developing students’ leadership values, dispositions and competencies through the LAP (Leadership Awareness Programme) and the LEaD (Leadership Extension and Development) programme.
- National Education aims to develop national cohesion, cultivate the instinct for survival as a nation and instil in our students confidence in our nation's future. It also emphasises on cultivating a sense of belonging and emotional rootedness to Singapore. National Education is pervasively implemented through Social Studies lessons, Field-based Learning, NE Delights!+ programme, Project Work at P3 and P4 levels and Values in action activities.
- Environmental Education focuses on promoting environmental conservation, personal responsibility and civic commitment to the environment among staff and students. Some of the green programmes the school runs include:
- Recycling Programme
- Commemoration of Earth Day, World Water Day
- Environment Day Y4E
- Green Wave Environment project
- CASP Environment project
- No-Plastic-Bag Day