Home > Learn @ IJ OLN > Our Curriculum
Learning at OLN is focused on guiding our girls to be the Girl of Tomorrow as described in our outcomes:
A girl who …
- Acts according to the IJ Mission and our GRACIA values.
- Leads with initiative, serves with love.
- Communicates confidently
- Thinks creatively, reflects thoughtfully.
- Remains steadfast in the face of challenges
To attain this, the school has designed a holistic curriculum that takes place within the school day as well as after it. The programme is guided by our OLN Teaching & Learning Framework (rev 2017) which focuses on helping our children
- Learn through active and deep learning
- Learn through teaching processes that activate their learning, promote thinking & discussion, facilitate demonstration of learning and through monitoring and provision of feedback while the girls are learning.
- Learn in a positive environment that encourages collaboration, that is supported by technology and is enriched by feedback.
Each of the school’s 8 departments builds their learning programmes based on this framework. Information on the learning of subjects can be found here.
The holistic programme goes beyond class learning and is supported by a vibrant co-curricular programme. Information on the co-curricular programme can be found here.