Home > Student Well-Being > Co Curricular Activities > CCA Policy
- All Primary 3 to 6 pupils are strongly encouraged to participate in a CCA of their choice.
- CCA is not compulsory for all primary school students.
- Enrichment lessons and external courses are NOT considered as CCA.
- All CCAs will commence from 6 January 2020 onwards.
- Please click here for the CCA schedule.
- All Primary 2 pupils are strongly encouraged to participate in the CCA registration exercise (CCA Fiesta) which will be held at the end of Term 3.
- CCA registration exercise will be done through MC Online.
- Results of the CCA registration exercise will be made known to the pupils in Term 4 via Parents Gateway.
- Pupils from other levels who are without a CCA are welcome to attend the CCA Fiesta to sign up for a CCA.
Change of CCA
- Pupils are not allowed to switch CCAs without the approval of their CCA teacher-in-charge. Change to another CCA is subjected to the availability of places.
- Attendance is compulsory for all CCA sessions. An explanation in written form from parents, or a doctor's medical certificate is required to be submitted to the teacher-in-charge whenever a pupil fails to attend a session.
- A pupil's CCA involvement will only be recognized and reflected in her report book if she stays in the same CCA with at least 80% attendance for the entire CCA calendar year.
- P6 pupils will participate in CCAs only in Semester 1. If pupils are involved in key competitions held in Semester 2, they will participate in their CCAs until the competitions end.
Participation in External Competitions
- Pupils are selected to represent the school in competitions based on the criteria set by the respective CCA teachers-in-charge and the coaches or instructors.
- The school is unable to send representatives in competitions other than the ones offered through the school's CCAs.
- Pupils will have to abide by the National School Games (NSG) guidelines if they wish to participate in the external competitions via the School Adult Representative (Parent) scheme.
- Pupils have to meet the previous year’s 3rd placing score / timing etc.
|CCAs Offered in 2020|
|Physical Sports||Visual & Performing Arts||Uniformed Groups|
Dance Inc. (Chinese Dance / Malay Dance / International Dance)
- Pupils who are in Physical Sports CCAs are allowed to wear track shoes to school on days they attend CCA sessions.